Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rainbows on my way to church



This morning as I was driving to church I turned a corner and had an unexpected surprise. There in the sky was the most beautiful rainbow. The colors were almost fluorescent. Because I always have my camera in my purse, I pulled over, got out of my car and took pictures. A little farther down the road I looked up to find a double rainbow. It was such an sweet blessing this morning and it started my worship early. I can't see a rainbow without remembering that it is a picture of God's covenant with us - a promise that He will always keep His word. (See Gen. 9:12-17)
We don't often get to see rainbows in the sky but we can find joy in the reminders all around us of God's faithfulness.

9 comments:

Anthony and Sharon said...

Hi! Found your blog via your daughter's blog, via her friend Heather's blog, via Heather's and my mutual friend Brooke's blog...
We love hearing about adoption stuff...and we hope the Lord has adoption plans for us in the future (He calls the shots, so we'll see)
Your daughter's blog said you work for "New Life"...is that an agency? Is there a weblink to it? Do you only work with families that live in Texas? (if we ever do adopt we'd love for them to be a different color than us...)
Blessings-
Sharon R.

Anthony and Sharon said...

Ok...just googled New Life and read that a requirement is to be a resident of the state of Texas. Can you recommend any agencies in Florida?
Thanks!

Cindy Seay said...

Sharon,
I will check on some agencies in Texas but I would say that when you feel you are ready to adopt to call us first. We do work with a few "select" families out of state and I would love to talk to you about it when you are ready.
I will be posting some adoption info on my blog so check in.
Blessings on your journey!
cindy

Abe and Kelly said...

I love that passage in Genesis 9:8-17! When I see the rainbow, I'm not only reminded of God's covenant to me but I think that at that moment He is also remembering(Gen. 9:15...I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you...). That just makes it even more significant.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Okay, does the "choose an identity" mean it CAN be anonymous? Cause that is WAY better for me in regards to whether or not I comment! But if not, I will just read and soak up what you have to say! Love ya!

Cindy Seay said...

As far as I know you can simply choose anonymous and post your comment "anonymously".
thanks,
cindy

Jennifer Bacak said...

Beautiful shots. You and your camera, Mom. I like the pictures of rainbows better than the pictures of people's feet. It's out now.
jenn

Cindy Seay said...

Thanks, babe, for outing me on the feet thing. I actually saw a great billboard ad for a church the other day and it was a line-up of people's feet. They understood me for sure!
love you,
mom