Friday, October 3, 2008

More on New York



On Wednesday, we spent most of the day on Liberty and Ellis Islands learning more about this symbol of our liberty and freedom and about the millions of people who immigrated to our country because of the poverty and oppression they faced in their own countries. It was an impressive and moving day.
Also, we are proud to claim that we climbed the 160 steps to the base of the Statue of Liberty. (That is way more than it sounds like.) I am proud!



Thursday we walked around the World Trade Center site and Wall Street/Financial District (that's a sad place these days). After that we took the subway to Little Italy where we enjoyed the best New York pizza ever. Some of you may know that I have been on a strict diet for 8 months, but today I put the diet aside and just enjoyed the pizza. It was awesome!



Thursday night we saw Mary Poppins. This choice was really for me but the advertising is true - "it's a musical an adult can enjoy". It was amazing! Staging, special effects and the music were all incredible.

We love New York!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy! I finally had a chance to stop by your blog and definitely wanted to comment on your Mary Poppins experience. We saw it in London a couple years ago, and it was WONDERFUL. I'm so glad to know someone who has seen it and agrees! I can still remember lots of the songs. Your trip looks fabulous--I can't wait to visit NYC one day. Hugs to you both... Rebecca