Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Falling in Love with Jesus



We are doing the study "Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life" with my Bible study group on Sunday nights. We have done a lot of different studies, but I'm not sure that one of them has touched me in the deepest recesses of my heart as this one has.

It works to bring down the barriers that have built up in our lives by pain, rejection and disappointment and then points you to a love that is like no other... a deep down kind of love that only God can have for us.

One of the memory verses that I love to repeat to myself is from Zephaniah 3:17...
"The Lord your God is with YOU; He is mighty to save [YOU]; He takes great delight in YOU; He quiets YOU with His love; He rejoices over YOU with singing."

To know that God not only loves me but pursues me is beyond my ability to comprehend. Why would God pursue someone as sinful and ugly as me? Why would He continually wait for me and sing over me when I am struggling to obey - struggling to be where He wants me to be?

He loves me as I am. He created me. He pursues me. He is lonely for me. He is the Bridegroom longing for His Bride.

"Long before He laid down earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love. Long, long ago He decided to adopt us into His family through Jesus Christ. What pleasure He took in planning this!" Ephesians 1:4-5 The Message

Do you understand the depth of God's love for YOU?

0 comments: