Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


Today I added another year to my age. I didn't find it to be traumatic - in fact it was pretty relaxing. We are in Tennessee visiting Brian and Amy and their four kids.
I started the day with a birthday breakfast with the kids and then went on to play about 10 games of "Battle" with Nathaniel, the youngest of the four. There is no stress in playing "Battle". There was nothing else I had to do except hang out with my kids and grandkids and enjoy the day. I even loved wearing the birthday hat.
I heard from all my kids today and other family and friends and that makes me feel blessed.
Except for some extra aches, I love being my age. A lot of things that used to matter a lot just simply aren't that important anymore. I can speak my mind with a bit more ease and it doesn't bother me as much that I need to lose a few pounds.
I love learning and I don't feel like I have to prove anything to anybody.
I have an amazing husband and I just want us to grow old together.
Life is good and God has blessed me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love to hear where you are in life Cindy.
i'm not as scared as i used to be of growing older...
i like it too!
i like the wisdom i've gained and being able to reflect back and see where God has brought me from.

i know i still have a lot to learn.

i do wish i had less sagginess, and stretch marks and less fat stored up for the winter...but it doesn't bother me as much.

people are important, relationships are key, and growing closer to Jesus every day is a blessing i don't take for granted.

(its not even my birthday, and look how grateful i am?)

hope you had a good one!
we'll celebrate again when you get home!
love you
liz

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!
It sounds like you had a wonderful day!
I love you so much and pray that someday I will be the kind of mother and grandmother that you are!
You are the best!
Thanks for always loving me like I am one of your own!
Jenni

Jennifer Bacak said...

That saying Rusty and Jennifer kind of freaked me out! I thought, did I comment and forgot already?

Wish I could have celebrated with you in person, Mom!
I am overwhelmingly grateful to walk in your footsteps as I get older.
I love you!!!
jenn