Friday, March 6, 2009

An Open Letter to My Future Husband

Obviously, I already have a husband.
But I came across this article today and my heart ached for young women and young men to "get it" - to understand that sex outside of marriage only destroys their lives - it does nothing to make them better or stronger or prepared for their future.

It is sin. It separates from a vibrant, active relationship with our Holy God.
It offers disease, unplanned pregnancy, distrust, the continuous pain of comparison from partner to partner and discontentment (always looking for something better).
Satan has deceived this generation big time. His goal is to steal, kill and destroy and he does all of this through sexual impurity.

Read this article. Share it with your teenagers. Pass it on to others. Let's take a stand on behalf of our kids to help them understand that sex is a gift from God to husbands and wives.

2 comments:

Doug and Claudia said...

Cindy...read this. It was very good. Sent it to my 23 y/o daughter Ruth. We both wondered if guys would read it. So, I sent it to my 2 youngest sons. We'll see! Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

mam im shaunorette (pseudoname) from the philippines, can i talk to you about this issue? can i have your e-mail?thank you.