Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas


Here it is - December 23, 2008 and I am thinking of ways to slow these days down and simply enjoy the celebration -
the time with family -
the sounds of Christmas - I love Christmas music -
the sights of Christmas - lights, decorations -
the spirit of Christmas - people are often friendlier -
I love to hear people say "Merry Christmas" -
I love to say "Merry Christmas".
But somehow I want to convey the depth of that statement - Merry Christmas!!!
I want to stop and say...
"No, really - I want you to know the Christ of Christmas.
I want you to experience the Peace that Christ brings.
I want you to stand in the hope that we have in our Savior.
I pray that you can know the love that God has for you.
I wish for you JOY.

So... today I am going to find ways to attempt to convey that to the people I see. I'm not sure how.
I am asking the Lord to show me - to give me words and expressions that speak peace and love.
I don't want to be obnoxious or inappropriate.
I just want to say "Merry Christmas" and really mean it.

0 comments: