Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Advent: Hope and Peace



Advent means "waiting with great expectation". I can't imagine how God's people must have struggled to wait patiently for their promised Messiah. They had waited so long for their redeemer. I am ashamed at times to realize that I don't fall on my knees often enough to give thanks for my salvation and for the One who saved me.

I want to use this season of Advent to worship my Lord - to thank Him for dying in my place - for saving me from eternal separation from God - for giving me life here on this earth that is full and abundant because of the work that He does through the Holy Spirit - to thank Him for the HOPE that He brings into our lives.

The observance of Advent also reminds me of the Peace that comes with knowing Jesus. He came to bring Peace on Earth and He promises Peace for all who will put their faith in Him. He is our Peace - our Jehovah Shalom.

Do I live like I have this Peace? I confess that I am consumed by "busyness" and don't allow Him to be my Peace - to bring down all the things in my life that are unnecessary - and allow Him to simply "lead me beside the still waters". Will you allow Him to take you to the still waters this season? Let's just sit down- be still - and worship Him - rest in Him. What could be more important?

0 comments: