Monday, July 14, 2008

Celebrate Life all over again


Fifteen years ago today, my daugther, Jenn, had brain surgery to remove a tumor from her pituitary gland. You can read more about that day here - my post on this day last year.

It was a day to realize that life is fragile.

It was one of the hardest days of my life. Walking away from Jenn in the holding area - leaving her alone and scared - was devastating. They told us I could not be with her because she was 18 years old. Like that made her suddenly not need her Mom?!!!

God blessed us with a nurse that quickly saw the need for me to be with her and she came and found me ( I was actually crying hysterically in the ladies room at the time). I pray that there is never a time when she decides that she doesn't need her Mom.

God was gracious that day - He blessed us with a skilled surgeon and with dozens of friends and prayer warriors.

Jenn's recovery was difficult but 6 weeks later she left home for college (another hard day for a mom -especially when your daughter just had brain surgery).

I stand in awe of God's blessings on Jenn's life. Life has not been easy for her, but her trust has been in the Lord God!

Her life stands for Christ - her words direct you to Him - her kids will rise up and call her blessed.

I'm thankful today for Jenn and the life that God has given her.

1 comments:

Jennifer Bacak said...

Thans Mom! It takes you back to the days the boys would say "It's not a tumor" in their Arnold Schwartzeneggar voices all the time.
Love you!!! Thanks for being my Mom.
jenn