Monday, September 30, 2024

Closing up Shop

 

Carroll's house has sold. 

The house is completely empty. 

When Carroll was getting sicker I use to go through the house at night, turning off lights and locking doors. 

She called it “closing up shop”. 

This was my final “closing up shop”. 

Last time in her house. 

I left my key.

Last time to turn the lock and walk in.

What a journey! 

I have learned in the past and am learning all over again that the journey of grief has so many "lasts".  Just when you claim "closure", you are hit with another "last".

I am asking the Lord to help me live in those short few seconds and think about what it really means to me.

Right now I'm in a place to receive it, let it have it's meaning over me, treasure it and then just let it be.  

Don't fight it.

Don't over think it.

Invite Jesus to walk you through it and keep on moving.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missing you and love this blog. Dianne S. FBCC

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy, God truly blessed Carroll with you as her best friend. We are praying for you through this difficult journey.

Anonymous said...

Judy Veale. it is final and I am UNDONE. You remain a prayer concern for me. Much love.

Anonymous said...

Grief certainly has many "lasts". Thankful we do have God to carry us through those difficult "lasts". Praying you feel His peace.

Susan Harp said...

Oh Cindy, thank you for sharing your heart. Grief is a long journey and most of the time you’re not sure what a day will bring. Unfortunately, there seems to be many “lasts” along the way. I’ve gone through another “last” just today and it’s been over eight years since he’s been gone. I don’t know how people survive this without the Lord. Just know that you are loved by many and are prayed over every day.

Dana Langdon said...

Oh how your writings touch my soul. I treasure the sweet time of all those years of Sunday night women's Bible study. You, Carrol, Lori, Sandra & many other sweet ladies that poured into my life. Lifting you up to Jesus as you walk through this season. Thank you for your transparency through this time. You are a treasure.

Bobbye Jean said...

I so understand…..I so feel the lose…the sorrow of the emptiness…but God…but Jesus…oh Holy Spirit….come and fill the empty space & heal the wounds. All Things New and the eyes to see !!