Wednesday, July 3, 2024


I have landed in a season of reflection. 

But it feels more like blurred confusion and unsteadiness.

It's kind of a lonely place to be - alone with all the feelings - the grief, the sense of being unsure about almost everything. 

I suppose that's what I feel when I look back over the past 4 years and realize the loss that we have experienced - it was one thing after another, with very little time to process each loss before the next one came along.

I am not alone.  

I have an amazing husband.  We are a team.  We walk through all things together, holding on to each other and the comfort and strength of our Lord,

I have the gift of some deep, sweet friendships.  

I have family that has encouraged me and watched over me with great care.

Yet, at the end of the day, I am left alone in my thoughts.

I am not sharing this with you to cause you concern or confusion.

I pray that you will find Jesus in my writing and that you will walk with me while I attempt to untangle all that life throws at us.

I feel an urging in my spirit to share my story.

I don't even know what that will look like.

Perhaps it is simply for my own healing.  

I am passionate about story.  

It is how we learn from each other and how the Holy Spirit connects us.

It is how the light of Jesus is reflected through us to a dark world.

I hope you will join me on this winding path.

I pray that you will not see me but that you will watch for Jesus in my story - that you will allow the Holy Spirit to speak and to draw you into a place where you can fully trust and deeply love the Lord.

More to come...


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words are a reflection of my life as well Cindy. As you know from our talks. You continue to be my prayers as I know I am in yours. Love always.

Debbie Bergt said...

You began speaking into my life when I was 15 years old. You were a much more mature 19 year old wife and mother already. I've valued your friendship over these 50+ years and look forward to hearing what you have to say in this season of life. Love you always!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign off. Love you, Wanda Kelly

Becky said...

I’ve so missed hearing you speak and reflect on the word of God and sharing your thoughts. What you wrote today is what i have felt these past several years and didn’t know how to express it as well as you have. Thank you for listening and responding to your heart in starting up this blog. Continuing to pray for you and Bro Ed.

Anonymous said...

I can relate, Cindy. Thank you for courageously sharing your heart ❤️ Rhonda delaMoriniere

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're writing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting this today. I need this now and as we are away. I will share it with Cheryl and others. Thanks for following the prompting of The Holy Spirit.

Carolyn Richardson said...

I am looking forward to your blogs. We have known each other for a short time and yet there is an amazing connection. Looking forward to honoring with you.

Sherry May said...

I love you my sweet friend! I know that you will bless all of us with your love and wisdom!!

Bobbye Jean Smith said...

So thankful to be a part of this time, this journey, this opened door to story.

Kimberly Rychlik said...

This seems to be where I am in 2024, losing my mom unexpectantly and now dealing with possibly losing my mother-in-law. All I can hold onto is God’s love and strength and the love and support of family and friends. I look forward to reading your blogs. ❤️

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I’m so happy to be able to read your blog. I thank you for sharing your heart & feelings do beautifully while magnifying our Lord. I have only known you a few months, but kindness & your love for our Lord & others simply exudes from you & shows on your face! I am honored to know you & thank God for you & Pastor Ed!

Anonymous said...

Cindy, thank you for sharing. Keep it coming.

Tana Hayes said...

Beautifully shared, as always. I love you fiercely.