Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Walk for Hope


If you have read my previous blog (What can you do with $50) then you know that my family are all working on projects to raise money for the Child Survival Project with Compassion International.

My Tennessee kids did a Walk for Hope this past Saturday. My son, Brian; his wife, Amy; and their four children (ages 4-10) walked 30 miles in their neighborhood. They enlisted pledges and when the day was done they had raised $850. How awesome is that!

When their legs got tired they reminded themselves of the plight of children in Ethiopia and they were easily refreshed. I am so proud of my kids and all that they are doing to help their own children get a glimpse of the needs of children in this world.

Another one of our kids will be selling cookbooks soon as a part of their project. I will keep you posted of the progress with this project.

You can read about the Walk for Hope on Brian's blog - brianseay.wordpress.com. I will also keep you informed of the cookbook project. All of the money raised will go directly to the Child Survival Project in Ethiopia.

1 comments:

Jennifer Bacak said...

Yes, who can top that? Good thing this isn't a contest. They were so successful! What a great idea for our family!
jenn