Saturday, October 27, 2007

Life is Precious!


There are some days that I am blessed to be taken back to the important things in life. This week I had one of those days.
I met with a client who thought that aborting her baby was the only option she had. She was living a life of desperation and sadness.

We talked and she cried. I got the opportunity to show her the baby inside of her via ultrasound. There was no manipulation - no magic answers - no problems solved. There was only life - a tiny baby - doing somersaults inside the safety of its mother's womb - a beating heart that in reality is smaller than the eraser on a pencil.

These are the things that are really important - the miracle of a life created - a life that only God can create.

This young woman left with a resolve to give life to the baby inside of her. She did not leave with a plan for her future. She knew that survival would only be possible one day at a time.

We will be there for her. We will help her determine how to relieve some of the issues that have caused the desperation in her life.

Please remember these young women - they need love - they need Jesus - they need a community that will surround them and encourage them to become the woman God has designed them to be.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am so glad to hear that you helped this lady and saved this babies life! I know it was it was a blessing to you. New Life has been such a blessing to my family and I'm so happy that I am able to volunteer and help other women the way New Life helped me. Thank you Cindy for all that you do.

Jennifer Bacak said...

This is so good Mom. The work you do everyday is so moving and life-altering. I am always in awe of how God uses you.
I love you and am so proud of you!
jenn